A Japanese Doll Inspired Look and $125 Creer Beaute Giveaway
Creer Beaute has officially launched in Singapore! If you’re a fan of Japanese Anime, you’ll love the makeup from this line because it features Sailor Moon and La Rose de Versailles (The Rose of Versailles). The event was held in Oasia Hotel and we were given a short presentation on the brand before a popular makeup artist, Mawaki Yamamoto, demonstrated some of the products on some of the attendees.
The Versailles makeup line features two characters, Lady Oscar and Princess Antoinette, and is most popular in Japan for their liquid eyeliners. The liquid eyeliners ($20.50) boast of a fine brush tip of 0.1mm with a long-lasting, fast-drying and water-resistant formula. The Lady Oscar Liquid Eyeliner comes in Black and Royal Brown while the Princess Antoinette Liquid Liner comes in Dark Brown. There is also a Lady Oscar Felt Liquid Eyeliner ($20.50) in Black that has a special hard tip design with a long-lasting formula infused with rose oil and rose water. The line also has Pencil Eyeliners ($22.60) in Black and Brown which are supposed to be smudge-free, waterproof, creamy and moisturising.
The The Rose of Versailles line has two mascaras ($24.70), Volume and Shining Long Mascara, which are infused with ingredients to moisturise and protect lashes. Creer Beaute has also released Eyebrow Pencils ($12.30) in Light and Dark Brown which a meant to go on smooth and waterproof and three sheet masks ($7.80), Oscar, Antoinette and Oscar & Rosalie, that hydrate and make skin look more radiant.
The other range, Miracle Romance features Sailor Moon characters and has recently launched their Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Liners for the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon’s first TV broadcast. The line has a white Pencil Liner ($18.50) which is shimmery for a watery, bright-eyed effect like Sailor Moon and boasts of a creamy, waterproof texture. There is also a Black and Brown Liquid Liner ($24.70) that have tiny shimmer particles, a long-lasting formula and the same 0.1mm brush tip. They also launched the Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner ($24.70) in different colours for each Sailor Moon character. There is a Red, Blue, Orange Gold and Green eyeliner that have a shimmery, almost metallic, long-lasting finish. The packaging is different with a thicker brush and a twist-up mechanism that pushes out the liquid eyeliner. The Orange Gold and Green only come in a duo pack ($36.90) with the Brown and Black Liquid Liners respectively.
The Miracle Romance range is available at 49 Watsons stores that have a Japanese Corner and The Rose of Versailles is available at selected Watsons stores (Jurong Point, Vivo City, Ngee Ann City, Asia Square, Compass Point, Parkway Parade, Junction 8, Causeway Point, Yew Tee Point, West Mall).
When I think of Japanese makeup, I instantly think of the doll-eyed look. I don’t have the light hair colour or hairstyle that Japanese celebrities tend to favour and I don’t do this makeup everyday so this is just inspired and may not be the ‘traditional” way to do the makeup.
The Japanese Doll-Eye inspired look I’m going for today calls for a simple face so I’ll list out the items used and focus on the eye makeup. Circle contact lens also help to enhance this look. Since I’m using green contacts, I’m going for copper coloured eye makeup to make them pop.
1. Primer: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for more radiant smooth looking skin.
2. Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily skin in 150 Buff (this shade is not available in Singapore) for a flawless finish. If you’re not having a bad skin day like I am, go for a BB cream.
3. Setting Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light for glowing skin.
4. Highlight: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade for a hint of shine.
5. Blush: Bourjois Blush in 34 Rose d’Or (Golden Rose) for a sweet dolly pink flush.
6. Lips: YSL Rouge Volupte in 32 Jealous Coral and Makemania Curvy Lip Silicone in 506 for plump glossy ombre lips.
7. Brows: Kanebo T’estimo Brow Palette in BR-34 and Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for lighter brows.
For the eye makeup, I’m using eyeshadows from the Lorac Pro palette to manipulate the shape of my eyes.
1. I used a matte White shadow to highlight my brow bone and inner corners
2. Using a rusty shimmery Garnet colour, I roughly packed this on the outer corner in a cat-eye shape
3. I blended a deep shimmery Gold across the lid and along the innner corners
4. I took a matte Taupe and blended out all the edges along the crease. Underneath the eyes I applied the matte Taupe in a horizontal line to pull down the corners of my eyes so that they’re less almond-shaped. So it goes straight out instead of upwards. It looks a bit weird at first because I have hooded eyes but just wait til the end.
5. Using an angled brush, i went back and intensified all the colours.
For the doll-eyed effect, white or nude eyeliner in the waterline is crucial. It really helps to open up the eyes. I extended it below my lashline on the outer corners and smudged it out.
Using the Lady Oscar Liquid Eyeliner in Black, I lined my upper lash line and finished with an exaggerated flick that I pulled straight out. The brush tip is super fine and great for drawing the flick with precision. I also wiggled it between my lashes for more definition.
Then I applied The Rose of Versailles Shining Long Mascara which has little fibres in the formula. It looks super natural as the formula is very wet and I prefer it for my lower lashes.
Next up, false lashes! I used the Ardell 102 Demi Lashes for my upper lash line and I applied the falsies about 2mm beyond the end of my lashline to elongate the eye. This is why I drew such a long eyeliner flick, it was to hide the extention of my lash line. For the lower lashline, I used 8mm individual lashes from Daiso. I put about 4 individual lashes on the outer corners on each side and once again, I applied the false lashes about 1mm outside of my natural lashline so it connects to the liquid eyeliner.
Then I applied Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner in Orange Gold for to intensify the gold and add more shine. I just swiped the brush over the gold eyeshadow and patted it in to blend it out.
And that’s it! My Japanese doll-eye inspired look featuring three Creer Beaute products!
Thank you Creer Beaute for inviting us to the event and inspiring this look! And because the lovely event organisers were so generous with their door gifts, we’ve decided to do a…GIVEAWAY!!! Over $125 worth of products!
I’d happily keep them all to myself but I have a pretty extensive makeup collection and I only have one face so we decided to show some love to our wonderful readers, you wonderful beautiful people!
We’ll be giving away three sets of Creer Beaute products:
- Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner in Red
- The Rose of Versailles Volume Mascara
- La Rose de Versailles Pencil Eyeliner in Black
- Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Pencil Liner in White
- Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner Set in Green and Black
How to Win?
‘Like’ The Cambelles Facebook page and leave a comment on this post completing this “I would like to see more beauty related posts about … … and I chose Set …” Use the Rafflecopter app below for easy entry!
Terms & Conditions
Collection of giveaway prize will be at Ang Mo Kio MRT Station on a weekday evening and if you’re under 18, please seek parental consent.